Useful Contacts


The police non-emergency number is now 101

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police in England, Wales or Scotland – when it’s less urgent than a 999 call. 101 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When should I use 101?

You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, if:

  • Your car has been stolen
  • Your property has been damaged
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • Report a minor traffic collision
  • Give the police information about crime in your area
  • Speak to the police about a general enquiry

You should always to call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.


Harrogate Borough Council

Harrogate Borough Council are concerned with many local matters which include the following.

  • Refuse Collection
  • Road Sweeping
  • Fly Tipping
  • Abandoned Vehicles
  • Dead Animals
  • Dog Fouling
  • Dog Wardens

Details of all their services ca be found on their web site.

They can be contacted by email at

Alternatively their telephone number is 01423 500600

For those who use the textphone service their number is 556543

Customer Care Centre:- 0845 300 6091


North Yorkshire County Council

 For information concerning Streets and Transport or to report an incident directly on line, please look up, under the ‘Resident Menu’, the Header ‘Transport & Streets’, which covers:

  • Roads, Highways & Pavements
  • Street lights, Road markings & Signage
  • Public Transport
  • Road Safety
  • Winter Service

The NYCC Website covers many more relevant topics, so it’s worth investigating.